Splash!2015 is presented by:
Reserve your tickets now: Splash! sells out quickly. Click here to register to attend Splash!2015.
Date to remember:
Friday, June 5, 2015
- 5–7pm: Hosted cocktail reception and silent auction at the Seattle Aquarium, 1483 Alaskan Way, Pier 59. Complimentary valet parking provided.
- 7pm: Parade down Alaskan Way with the Seahawks Sea Gals, mascot Blitz and Blue Thunder drumline.
- 7:15–10pm: Four-course dinner and live auction at the Seattle Marriott Waterfront hotel, 2100 Alaskan Way.
- 10–11pm: After-party with live entertainment in the Seattle Marriott Waterfront lobby bar.
Thank you to our Honorary Chair:
Mary L. Bass
The feature animal of Splash!2015 is the clown triggerfish, found in the waters of the western Pacific and Indian oceans, most commonly along external reef slopes. This fish’s name comes from the fact that its first three dorsal fins are adapted in such a way that the first one, which is very strong, can be braced into an upright position by the second, allowing it to lock itself into holes. When it wants to come back out, the second spine acts as a “trigger” to unlock the first. Splash!2015 celebrates the strikingly beautiful, tricky clown triggerfish!
Funds raised at Splash!2015 will support the Seattle Aquarium's mission, Inspiring Conservation of Our Marine Environment, with programs that:
- Educate over 40,000 schoolchildren through hands-on, interactive programs.
- Fund support and supervision of our 1,300+ teen and adult Aquarium volunteers who serve as interpreters, Beach Naturalists and divers, and provide animal care and exhibit maintenance services. Their volunteer time is valued at $2.2 million annually.
- Bring over 500 children and adults with special needs to the Aquarium in a special after-hours event just for them.
- Teach families how all animals, including humans, depend on a clean and safe environment.