Mobile bidding is EASY!
1. PRE-REGISTER YOUR SMARTPHONE
- To save time at registration, we encourage you to pre-register your mobile device by completing the mobile bidding registration form at SeattleAquarium.org/Splash/mobile. You will receive a text no later than May 31 with a link to the mobile bidding site to confirm your name and bidder number. If you do not receive a text message by May 31, please email email@example.com.
- Upon entry to Splash! you’ll be asked if you intend to bid through your mobile device. If you haven’t pre-registered, you will be assisted through the process.
- Once your smartphone is registered, you’ll receive an automated welcome text message containing your bidder URL.
- If you don’t register your smartphone at registration, but would like to at any point during the silent auction, simply ask one of our mobile bidding agents (in ORANGE shirts) or staff members for assistance.
2. USE YOUR SMARTPHONE TO FIND SILENT AUCTION ITEMS
- Click on the link in your automated text message—this link also contains your bidder number. Once you’re logged in, the bidder number will display on your home screen.
- When prompted, confirm your name. If the name displayed isn’t correct, email firstname.lastname@example.org or see a mobile bidding agent or registration volunteer at the event.
- Search for silent auction items by number, keyword or category—or find items with no bids by selecting “No Bid Packages.”
3. START BIDDING!
- Bidding opens June 3. Select “Details/Bid” to bid on an item.
- You can bid the next increment, set a maximum bid or simply choose to “Watch” certain items.
- If you enter your highest maximum bid on an item, the system will automatically place bids in your favor until that amount is reached or until the auction closes. If your maximum bid is lower than the highest maximum bid on that item, you’ll be prompted to enter a higher bid.
4. MAKE A GENERAL DONATION TO THE SEATTLE AQUARIUM
- Click on the “Donate” button on your home screen and choose a pre-set amount, or enter the amount you wish to donate and click “Submit.”
5. NO SMARTPHONE? NO PROBLEM—USE ONE OF OUR
BIDDING AGENTS IN ORANGE
- Simply find one of the many bidding agents throughout the silent auction area.
- Give the agent your bidder number or cell phone number, and confirm your name on the screen is correct.
- Provide the agent with the number/name of the item you wish to bid on, and tell him/her how much you’d like to bid.
- Ask one of our bidding agents, stationed through the silent auction ares, to see if you’re the high bidder.
- If you’re outbid, locate a bidding agent to increase your bid.
6. AFTER THE SILENT AUCTION CLOSES (June 3, 6:50pm)
- Check to see which items you’ve won under “My Bids.”
- If you’re attending the dinner and live auction, your silent auction items will be available for pickup at the Marriott when you check out. If you’re attending the silent auction and reception only, we will contact you to arrange a delivery/pickup plan for your items.
Need help or have questions about mobile bidding? See any Splash! volunteer!