Mobile bidding instructions:
1. REGISTER YOUR SMARTPHONE
- To save time at registration, we encourage you to pre-register your mobile device by sending your name and cell number to email@example.com. You will receive a text on June 2 with a link to the mobile bidding site to confirm your name and bidder number. If you do not receive a text message on June 2 please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upon entry to Splash! you’ll be asked if you intend to bid through your mobile phone. If you haven’t pre-registered, you will be assisted through the process.
- Once your smartphone is registered, you’ll receive an automated welcome text message containing your bidder URL. If you don’t receive a text message within two minutes, see any volunteer or staff member for assistance.
- Bidding Agents (in yellow shirts) and registration volunteers will be on hand to help you register your phone at any point during the silent auction.
2. USE YOUR SMARTPHONE TO FIND SILENT AUCTION ITEMS
- Click on the link in your automated text message to log in. Once you’re logged in, your bidder number will display on your home screen.
- When prompted, confirm your name. If the displayed name is incorrect, email email@example.com or see a Bidding Agent at the event.
- Search for silent auction items by number, keyword or category. Find items with no bids by selecting “No Bid Packages.”
3. START BIDDING!
- Bidding opens June 2. Select “Details/Bid” to bid on an item.
- You can bid the next increment, set a maximum bid or simply choose to “Watch” certain items.
- If you enter your highest maximum bid on an item, the system will automatically place bids in your favor until that amount is reached or until the auction closes. If your maximum bid is lower than the highest maximum bid on that item, you’ll be prompted to enter a higher bid.
4. PURCHASE AN ITEM AT THE “BUY NOW” PRICE
- To guarantee a win, click on the “Buy Now” button located in the upper right-hand corner of the item’s detail page. Do not enter the “Buy Now” price in the field for max bid. This “Buy Now” feature will not be available until the day of the event and will not be available for all items.
5. MAKE A GENERAL DONATION TO THE SEATTLE AQUARIUM
- Click on the “Donate” button on your home screen and choose a pre-set amount, or enter the amount you wish to donate and click “Submit.”
6. NO SMARTPHONE? NO PROBLEM—USE ONE OF OUR
BIDDING AGENTS IN YELLOW
- Find one of the many Bidding Agents at the Aquarium wearing YELLOW shirts.
- Give the Agent your bidder number and confirm your name on the screen is correct.
- Provide the Agent with the number/name of the item you wish to bid on and how much you’d like to bid.
- Watch the leader boards to see if you’re the high bidder.
- If you’re outbid, locate a Bidding Agent to increase your bid.
7. AFTER THE SILENT AUCTION CLOSES (June 5, 6:50pm)
- Check to see which items you’ve won under “My Bids.”
- If you’re attending the dinner and live auction, your silent auction items will be available for pickup at the Marriott when you check out.
- If you’re attending the silent auction and reception only, we will contact you to arrange a delivery/pickup plan for your items.
Need help or have questions about mobile bidding? See any Splash! volunteer!