Half the fun of classroom visits is getting the students excited to learn. But logistics are key to a successful program. Here are some steps to help you along:
Construction on the Waterfront
Over the next several months the City of Seattle will be working on various construction projects along Alaskan Way. These construction projects may impact school bus parking; they will not affect access to or your time in the Aquarium. If you have questions please visit our "Getting Here" page to learn more or call (206) 386-4353.
How to Schedule Your Program
Fill out a registration form below. Our registrar will contact you to confirm your program and registration time.
- One adult chaperone for every five students is required.
- Reserve a minimum of 3–4 weeks in advance of your desired date, even earlier if you want a day in the spring.
- Reservations are confirmed by email within one week of registration. If you do not receive a confirmation letter, please call the registrar at (206) 386-4353.
- Cancellations must be made at least one week in advance, or are subject to a $25 fee per class. If you are not checked in by your program start time, we reserve the right to cancel your class to avoid impacting other programming.
- All exhibits and classrooms are wheelchair accessible. ASL interpretation is available upon request with two weeks notice.
- Information/questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Orientation video.
If you need assistance, contact the Aquarium Registrar Monday-Friday, from 7:30am to 3:30pm at (206) 386-4353 or by email.
Chaperones are an important part of every successful Aquarium visit. The Aquarium requires one adult for every five students. Chaperones must remain with students throughout the visit. Groups without sufficient adult supervision may not be admitted.
Download tips for teachers and chaperones.
If you are planning on eating lunch at the Aquarium, please note that we do not have a dedicated indoor lunch space for groups. There are limited spaces around the exhibits where students may eat lunch indoors on the floor. Please inquire about availability when you check in. There is plenty of outdoor space, so if the weather is good, please plan to eat lunch outside.
Teacher Planning Pass
After you have received your field trip confirmation email, you may request a one-time teacher planning pass from our Registrar. We encourage you to visit the Aquarium before your field trip to help with your planning process. The planning pass will be available to pick up at the admission gate with your school ID.
Entry times are staggered to prevent crowding during highest attendance hours from February through September. Large groups will be staggered as well. Please keep to your scheduled entry time to help alleviate overcrowding for everyone.
Click here to download the School Programs Guide for more information about classes and programs offered by the Aquarium.
Aquarium memberships are not to be used with school field trips. For more information, please review our FAQ section.