School Program Registration and Fees
The Seattle Aquarium is a wealth of undersea information for educators, kids, parents and visitors. Here's your chance to get face-to-fin with marine life. Through specialized teacher programs, field trip opportunities, events and other marine resources, everyone can learn to share the knowledge and encourage the protection of the Sound that surrounds us all.
School Group Admission and
On–site programs are free with admission. Rates apply to pre–registered school groups of ten or more paying visitors with one person paying for the entire group.
2012–2013 School Admission Fees
October 9, 2012–June 14, 2013
Students and chaperones: $9 admission
Ages 3 and under: free admission
Passes, discounted tickets, coupons and Seattle Aquarium membership cards are not valid for school group admission fees.
Note: the Aquarium will be closed all day Friday June 7, 2013
Outdoor Field Program Fees
Salmon Field Lab: Grades 1–6
Beach Field Lab: Grades 1–6
Classroom presentation at your school and field site program: $300/class (ferry fees additional).
Classroom presentation at the Aquarium and field site program: $150/class plus Aquarium admission (Conservation Education Scholarship Funding available for Aquarium visit during Fall and Winter Session only).
Killer Whale Tales Outreach
Free to qualified classes. This dynamic outreach program about orca whales includes storytelling, slides, video and real orca calls plus hands-on experiential science activities that bring the field to your classroom.
Limited space available from October 9, 2012 to February 28, 2013.
Conservation Education Scholarship Fund
You may be eligible for free Aquarium admission and transportation (pre-registration required). Who qualifies? A school or class with 40% student eligibility for free/reduced lunch program, an ESL/ELL or special–needs class, and completion of two of the following activities:
- Students attend free Aquarium class during their visit (pre-registration required)
- Teachers send us stories/drawings created by students about their Aquarium field trip
- Teachers show us how their students shared information from their Aquarium field trip with other students at school or with their families
- Students complete the Seattle Aquarium Conservation Promise on the back page of the Educators Guide.
How to Schedule Your Program
Fill out a registration form below. Our registrar will contact you to confirm your program and registration time.
- One adult chaperone for every five students is required.
- Check with cashier at entry for information about designated eating areas.
- Reserve a minimum of 3–4 weeks in advance of your desired date, even earlier if you want a day in the Spring.
- Reservations are confirmed by email within one week of registration. If you do not receive a confirmation letter, please call the registrar at (206) 386-4353.
- Cancellations must be made at least one week in advance, or subject to a $25 fee per class.
- Program class size: PreK through Kindergarten: 10-25 students; Grades 1-12: 10-32 students.
- All exhibits and classrooms are wheelchair accessible. ASL interpretation is available upon request with two weeks notice.
- Information/questions: email@example.com.
- Orientation video