June 27-28, 2020
Members-only early openings—Cancelled
Where Seattle Aquarium
When Every Sunday and Monday in March at 9am
The Seattle Aquarium is closed to the public through March 31.
Join us at 9am to beat the crowds and experience the Aquarium as it’s just waking up! Plus, during March we’ve planned special activities for each day. The programming will begin shortly after 9am. No reservations are needed—just show up and enjoy having the Aquarium to yourself! Guests are welcome to attend these events with you.
Don’t forget—kids get to enjoy a free cocoa or lemonade from our café. Drink vouchers will be available at the front desk between 9 and 9:30am and redeemable anytime that day.
Every Sunday at 9am (March 1, 8, 15, 22 and 29): Special activities will be taking place in our Life on the Edge exhibit.
- March 1: Opalescent squid dissections. Grab a glove (or just watch, that’s OK!) and discover the anatomy of a squid.
- March 8: Meet a diver! Learn about the gear they use and ask them questions about their diving history and what makes diving such an incredible experience.
- March 15: It’s all about sharks. Learn about the defining characteristics of sharks and why they’re some of the ocean’s most interesting animals.
- March 22: Want to know more about the animals that live in our tide pools? After touching our sea stars, urchins, and sea cucumbers, get a more in-depth look at these critters with some of our amazing volunteers.
- March 29: Opalescent squid dissections. If you can’t make it to the first weekend, or just want to participate again, join us!
Every Monday at 9am (March 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30): Join us for story time in our Life on the Edge exhibit. Different books will be featured each week!