When: Friday, October 25, at noon (underwater and giant pumpkin carving preview). Saturday and Sunday, October 26 and 27.
Where: Seattle Aquarium, 1483 Alaskan Way, Pier 59, Seattle, WA.
What: Get your Halloween celebration started early! Put on your costume and join us for creepy games and activities, face painting, fun treats and two kinds of pumpkin carving demonstrations—on dry land with master carver Russ Leno and underwater with our Aquarium divers. Plus, don’t miss the opportunity to meet everyone’s favorite heroes, the PJ Masks, as they pose with children and families for photos and give out super hugs.
Trick-or-treat at additional Seattle waterfront locations on Sunday, October 27, from noon to 4pm, and enjoy free parking at select garages near the waterfront!
Highlights of Aquarium Halloween include:
- MEETING THE PJ MASKS! Get ready for action-packed fun with the PJ Masks! Don’t miss the opportunity to meet everyone’s favorite heroes as they pose with children and families for photos and give out super hugs. These mystery-solving heroes encourage children to spark their curiosity and inspire imaginative play and teamwork along the way. Don’t forget to bring your camera to capture the special day. Meet and greet times: 10:30am, 12:30pm and 1:30pm.
PJ Masks © Frog Box / Entertainment One UK Limited / Walt Disney EMEA Productions Limited 2014
- Master carver Russ Leno wielding sharp knives and carving tools! He’ll be sculpting giant pumpkins into fabulous works of eerie art all weekend. Leno has carved all over the world, working in such mediums as wood, ice, sand, watermelons and of course, giant pumpkins.
- Seattle Aquarium divers carving pumpkins—underwater! See the amazing dexterity of these divers as they create underwater masterpieces. Help us judge the best of each dive at noon and 3pm. (Media photo opportunity Friday, October 25, at noon).
- Our adorable otters having their own Halloween hilarity with eerie ice toys! Ice toy creators will discuss the creepy craft of creating these cold culinary compositions, and then offer them to our otters in this frighteningly informative demonstration taking place at 1pm both Saturday and Sunday.
- A teal pumpkin station will be available, to give peace of mind to parents of children with food allergies.
Hours/prices at the Aquarium:
The Aquarium’s admission gate is open 9:30am–5pm daily*, with the exhibits closing at 6pm. Admission fees: adults, $34.95; youth (ages 4–12), $24.95; and children age 3 and under are admitted free. Discounts available for Washington State residents. Tickets are also available online.
Free Waterfront Shuttle available daily.
*Please note: The Aquarium will close one hour early on Sunday, October 27. Last admission at 4pm, exhibits close at 5pm.
*Holiday hours on Thanksgiving Day & Christmas Eve. Closed Christmas Day.