Sharks are so important to the ecosystem that the Seattle Aquarium is celebrating them for a whole month! Whether you visit the Aquarium in person or connect virtually, you’ll be able to learn about the diverse and important lives of sharks.
Lightning Talks: Sharks, November 12, 6pm
Like a science sampler plate, this fun, engaging event will highlight five shark enthusiasts for five minutes each on topics ranging from research and conservation to sharks in pop culture.
- Melissa Márquez from the Fins United Initiative.
- Jaida Elcock with Minorities in Shark Science.
- Paul Clerkin of the Virginia Institute of Marine Science.
- George Probst of SharkPix.com.
- David Shiffman of Arizona State University and @WhySharksMatter.
Hours/prices at the Aquarium:
The Aquarium’s admission gate is open 9:30am–5pm daily, with the exhibits closing at 6pm. Online ticket prices: adults, $32.95; youth (ages 4–12), $22.95; and children ages 3 and under are admitted free. Discounts available for Washington state residents. Tickets purchased at the Aquarium are $2 more than online prices.