We are all doing our part to help fight the spread of COVID-19 by practicing social distancing. The Aquarium may be closed, but our dedicated staff are working hard to bring the Aquarium to you!
Each week we will be bringing you online content about some of your favorite animals, conservation actions and at-home activities so you can continue to engage and learn about ocean health. Stay tuned to learn about the sea and shore birds of the Salish Sea, our local beach creatures, exotic warm water animals, and more! We have already posted some online resources that you can do on your own. Check out our website for animal fact sheets, our infographic library, at-home activities for kids, or check-in on our animals in real time with our live webcams.
MAY 18 - 22 IS PACIFIC NORTHWEST BIRDS WEEK!
Below are some of the highlights for the week. Be sure to visit us each week for an updated schedule.
- Join Aquarium staff for virtual story time on Facebook and Twitter at 10am on Monday.
- Tune in for a Facebook Live diver experience at 10am Tuesday! This week we’ll feature a look at what it takes to dive in the Aquarium’s Window on Washington Waters exhibit. Join us behind the scenes as the diver gears up and enters the chilly Washington waters. You’ll even have a chance to ask questions!
- Check out some of our great videos, including behind the scenes looks at what Aquarium staff feed to the birds in our care.
- Download some of kids’ activities like coloring sheets, match games, and more.
- Check out our blog to learn more about some of our feathered friends and test your knowledge with trivia questions!
- We have compiled a list of activities you can do on your own that are on our website. Remember to engage with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter as well.