We are all doing our part to help fight the spread of COVID-19 by practicing social distancing. The Aquarium may be closed, but our dedicated staff are working hard to bring the Aquarium to you!
As we get closer to reopening and everyone being able to get out and about, the Aquarium will continue to be a source of online content about some of your favorite animals, conservation actions and at-home activities so you can continue to engage and learn about ocean health. Check out our website for animal fact sheets, our infographic library, at-home activities for kids, or check-in on our animals in real time with our live webcams.
MAY 25- 29 IS TIDE POOL WEEK!
As summer arrives and we are able to get out to the beaches, let us help you enjoy your time on the beach, learn about and care for our local tide pool and beach animals.
Below are some of the highlights for the week. Be sure to visit our website each week for an updated schedule.
- Join Aquarium staff for virtual story time on Facebook and Twitter at 10am on Monday.
- Tune in for a Facebook Live experience at 10am Tuesday! This week we’ll visit the Life on the Edge exhibit and take a look at some of the animals you may see in local tidepools and beaches. Learn about these strange and wonderful animals and some of the beach etiquette you can use to enjoy your visit to their home, and still protect them. You’ll even have a chance to ask questions!
- Check out some of our great videos, showing even more about beach animals and beach etiquette.
- Download some of kids’ activities like coloring sheets, match games, and more.
- Join us on Wednesday, May 27 as we celebrate World Otter Day! Check out our blog to learn more about the Aquarium’s adorable sea otters Lootas, Aniak, Adaa, and Mishka; and river otters Molalla and Ahanu.