Where: Seattle Aquarium, 1483 Alaskan Way, Pier 59, Seattle, WA
Spring is just around the corner, and Marine Mammal Mania isn’t far behind it! Join the Aquarium April 6–15 to celebrate some of the ocean’s most charismatic animals. Kids and adults alike will enjoy hands-on activities while discovering more about otters and seals.
Some highlights include:
- Skype sessions with marine mammal experts from organizations such as the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and Monterey Bay Aquarium’s sea otter program.
- Learn about current research on marine mammals including caring for injured sea otters, drones used to help with population surveys and other cutting-edge research.
- Meet Aquarium biologists who care for the otters and seals at the Seattle Aquarium.
The fun continues in May!
- May 9: The Seattle Foundation’s GiveBIG—a chance to have your donations to the Seattle Aquarium go further. Visit SeattleAquarium.org for a link to donate to GiveBIG!
- May 13: Mother’s Day at the Aquarium—celebrate moms of all types: animal and human.
- May 17: Sound Conversations – In Search of a Strawless Ocean with special guest Dune Ives, executive director, Lonely Whale.
- May 26–28, Memorial Day Weekend is also Family Science Weekend! Learn about science and research taking place at the Seattle Aquarium with hands-on activities, special talks and demonstrations that will help the whole family discover science in a fun way.
- May 29: Meet us at the beach for the beginning of the summer 2018 Beach Naturalist program. Join trained volunteers and explore the shoreline with us!
Hours/prices at the Aquarium:
Admission fees: Adults $29.95; youth (ages 4–12) $19.95; children 3 and under are admitted free.