Spring is just around the corner, and Marine Mammal Mania isn’t far behind it! Join the Aquarium April 5-14 to celebrate some of the ocean’s most charismatic animals. Kids and adults alike will enjoy hands-on activities while discovering more about otters and seals.
Some highlights include:
- April 5-7: Learn all about the research the Seattle Aquarium is leading on sea otter foraging. Meet the researchers and see footage from some of their latest research trips. Learn why we are doing this research and what it has taught us so far.
- April 9: Author Lynda V. Mapes and photographer Alan Berner will be on site to read from their new children’s book Rescuing Rialto, A Baby Sea Otter’s Story. We’ll also have a Skype session to check in with the Vancouver Aquarium, Rialto’s new home.
- Meet Aquarium biologists who care for the otters and seals at the Seattle Aquarium.
The fun continues!
- April 18: Sound Conversations Green Fish Blue Oceans Join the conversation with host Jeff Renner, an Emmy-award-winning producer of science documentaries, and get hooked on sustainable seafood during an inspiring evening with chef and author Maureen C. Berry of the podcast, Green Fish Blue Oceans.
- April 25: Aquarium After Hours: Dive Bar: Dive deep into the Puget Sound at this 21+ event.
- May 12: Mother’s Day at the Aquarium—celebrate moms of all types: animal and human.
- May 16: Aquarium After Hours: Plankton Blooms! 21+ • May 23: Sound Conversations – Knowing and Loving Orcas – the Ocean’s Greatest Predators Hosted by Jeff Renner, with special guest author and professor Jason Colby.
- May 25–27: Family Science Weekend! Learn about science and research taking place at the Seattle Aquarium.
Hours/prices at the Aquarium:
The Aquarium’s admission gate is open 9:30am to 5pm daily, with the exhibits closing at 6pm. Admission fees: Adults $29.95; youth (ages 4–12) $19.95; children 3 and under are admitted free.