The Seattle Aquarium is located on Pier 59, at the center of Seattle's historic central waterfront.
1483 Alaskan Way, Pier 59
Seattle, WA 98101-2015
The Seattle Aquarium encourages visitors to consider climate-friendly choices for your next visit. Metro Transit offers many bus routes to take you within a 15-minute walk of the Aquarium. Visit King County's website to plan your trip on public transportation.
Three hours of free parking—Only at the Pike Place Market Parking Garage
Valid for daytime admission only.
Enter from Western Avenue Only
To receive a voucher for three hours of free parking, you must ensure you are parking in the correct garage. Valid during our daytime operating hours only.
Please read the information below carefully.
The Seattle Aquarium and other waterfront businesses are not responsible for parking fees if you park in a location other than the Pike Place Market Garage.
The Seattle Historic Waterfront Association is currently offering three free hours of parking at the Pike Place Market Garage when you visit a participating waterfront location, including the Seattle Aquarium!
How it works:
- Step 1: Get a parking voucher. As you enter the Aquarium, ask for a parking voucher from Guest Services at the admissions desk
- Step 2: Redeem your voucher. When exiting the garage, insert the garage entry ticket into the indicated slot, then follow it with the voucher in the same slot.
The Pike Place Market Garage offers over 800 parking stalls with accessible parking and an elevator to the waterfront.
- Vouchers are good for up to three hours of free parking; if more than three hours is owed, the difference can be paid via credit/debit card using the same slot.
- The Seattle Aquarium is not responsible for lost or stolen tickets.
- Must be visiting the Seattle Aquarium in order to receive a free parking voucher from the Aquarium.
Pike Place Market Garage Entrances
Vouchers are valid only at the Pike Place Market Garage (entrances below). Vouchers are not accepted at other garages/locations.
Please note: The Alaskan Way entrance to the Pike Place Market Garage is currently closed. Please enter from Western Avenue.
1531 Western Avenue entrance
Entrance located on the west side of Western Avenue, below Pike Place Market and between Fix Madore and Lazonga Tattoo. Follow the signs for the waterfront elevator and stairs.
1901 Western Avenue entrance
Entrance located on the west side of Western Avenue, about 100 yards uphill from/north of the 1531 Western Avenue entrance. You can walk down or take an elevator to reach the waterfront.
Check your ticket to ensure you parked at the correct garage
Please double-check your ticket! Free parking vouchers are valid only at the Pike Place Market Garage.
Pike Place Market Garage tickets:
- Are white
- Say "Public Market Center/Pike Place Market"
- Have a bar code
Example of an incorrect ticket
Tickets from other garages:
- May be other colors
- Do not say " Public Market Center/Pike Place Market"
- May not have a bar code
Getting to the Aquarium from the Pike Place Market Garage
Once you've parked, take the elevator located in the center of the garage and follow signs for Alaskan Way/waterfront. The Seattle Aquarium is located across Alaskan Way after you exit the garage.
Note: Pathways may change daily due to current construction. Please follow signs and be aware of your surroundings.