We all have an awesome responsibility to protect and restore our marine environment—and it all starts with understanding, and caring about, the amazing diversity of sea life below the surface. At the Aquarium, visitors begin their journeys of ocean exploration every day.
Your support connects people to the ocean through experiences, habitats, programs and more—and inspires bold action to care for animals and protect our shared marine environment.
Your gift supports the work of the Seattle Aquarium as it expands with the Ocean Pavilion.
No matter the size, your gift to the Seattle Aquarium makes our mission possible. Every day at the Aquarium, our community learns about Puget Sound, our one world ocean, and the challenges they face. Your support makes a real impact.
You can double or triple the impact of your donation by having your gift matched. Many companies match the contributions of employees or retirees. For more information, contact email@example.com.
Considering making a gift of $300 or more? Check out Friends of the Aquarium and Aquarium Ambassadors, our annual donor clubs with special benefits.
The naturalist Sir David Attenborough said, ‘No one will protect what they don’t care about; and no one will care about what they have never experienced.’ Every day, volunteers and staff of the Seattle Aquarium help people, young and old, to see, touch, experience and learn about the diverse marine environment of Puget Sound and the ocean. We know this exposure makes Inspiring Conservation of Our Marine Environment possible. That’s why we support the Seattle Aquarium!
Monthly donors help support a healthy marine environment by educating, engaging and inspiring Aquarium guests—as well as the community at large—to act on behalf of our one world ocean.
Gifts of Stock
To make a gift of stock, please provide your broker with the following information:
Broker: D.A. Davidson & Co.
Seattle Aquarium Account: 72937598
Contact: Andrew Brewer, (877) 592-6237
If you’re donating stock, please let us know! Contact us at (206) 693-6236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make a Planned Gift
Help protect our shared marine environment for future generations by designating the Seattle Aquarium Society as a beneficiary in your will.
If you’re thinking of including the Seattle Aquarium in your will, please contact us at email@example.com so we can document your intentions and assist with any questions you may have.
Visit our Planned Giving page to learn more about potential gift options and how to include the Aquarium in your will.
When your company partners with the Seattle Aquarium, you’re supporting a trusted local institution whose work enhances Seattle’s reputation as a world-class city that leads on environmental issues.
Donor Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.