October 3-11, 2020
When May 28, 2020 at 6-7pm PST
Like a science sampler platter, this LIVE event offers you tantalizing tastes of an array of fascinating research topics. Join us to enjoy diverse, five-minute glimpses into marine and ocean science from local scientists and science enthusiasts. Hosted by Seattle Aquarium Director of Conservation Engagement and Learning Jim Wharton.
- Dr. Erin Meyer, Director of Conservation Programs and Partnerships, Seattle Aquarium
- Christophe Chagnard, Terra Nostra (a multimedia symphonic creation about climate change)
- Rachael Welicky, Washington Research Foundation Postdoctoral Fellow at University of Washington
- Jeff Renner, Retired KING5 Meteorologist and Aquarium volunteer
- Meade Krosby, Climate Impacts Group, University of Washington
- Isha Sangani, conservationist and Seattle Aquarium Youth Ocean Advocate
- Jennie Warmouth, National Geographic Grosvenor Teacher Fellow, Edmonds School District
Topics range from climate change to marine diseases to youth movements to environmental grief and conservation optimism. Our live event will also feature opportunities for you to share your thoughts and questions with the speakers throughout the evening.
The event is free and viewable by all. If you have any questions, please contact us!
Link to event: Click here!