The Seattle Aquarium is open with timed ticketing and limited attendance, which means you’ll get up close to the animals and not other visitors. We've worked closely with local health experts to provide a safe and fun experience. We can’t wait to see you!
Know before you go
The Aquarium is operating at a reduced capacity to protect the health and safety of our guests, volunteers, staff and animals. We are meeting and exceeding the recommendations of state health officials and reopening guidance in Governor Inslee’s Healthy Washington plan and are excited to offer you a fun, safe experience.
- ONLINE TICKETS MUST BE RESERVED IN ADVANCE for all guests, whether you’re a first-time visitor or a long-time member.
- YOUR TIMED TICKET indicates your arrival window. There is no limit to how long you can spend at the Aquarium.
- MASKS/FACE COVERINGS ARE REQUIRED during your visit. Exemptions to this order include babies/toddlers under age 5 (masks/face coverings are highly recommended for children ages 3–4). A clear mask/face covering will be provided at no charge to anyone who would like one. If you are unable to wear a mask/face covering, the Aquarium will work to arrange a visit at a later date when mask requirements have been lifted. If you don’t have a mask/face covering when you arrive, one will be provided for you.
- A ONE-WAY PATHWAY with clear physical distance markers will guide you through the Aquarium and help protect everyone’s health—but you’ll still find plenty to see, experience and enjoy!
Please visit our reopening page for more information and answers to common questions.
Visiting the Aquarium
- Hours: The Seattle Aquarium is open daily, 9:30am–6pm. Last entry at 5pm; exhibits close at 6pm.
- Masks/face coverings: Please remember face coverings are required for everyone age 5 and over.
- Weather: The Aquarium has many spaces with open airflow for your safety. Your visit will include both indoor and outdoor spaces. Please dress for the weather or bring layers to maintain your comfort as you explore.
- Water bottles: For health reasons, our water fountains are closed. But our touchless water-bottle-filling stations are open—feel free to fill up!
- Food: The Aquarium café is currently operating at a reduced capacity in accordance with restaurant reopening guidance in Governor Inslee’s Healthy Washington plan. The café is currently open Wednesday–Sunday from 9:30am–4pm. Outside food is allowed in designated areas only.
- Get up to three hours of free parking at the Pike Place Market garage! Just ask for a parking voucher from Guest Services as you enter. Visit seattlewaterfront.org for details. Additional parking information can be found on our directions and parking page.
At the Aquarium
Octopus, Otters, Seals and More
Discover the animals you'll have the chance to see during your visit.
Explore before you go!
Learn about our different exhibits and the animals you'll encounter.
Open Wednesday–Sunday, 9:30am–4pm
Located on the second level above the Ackerley Foundation Puget Sound Hall
The Aquarium café is currently operating at a reduced capacity in accordance with restaurant reopening guidance in Governor Inslee’s Healthy Washington plan. Food service will be open at the Aquarium in a limited capacity. Outside food is allowed in designated areas only.
10am - 6pm daily
Take a bit of the Aquarium home with you! Browse our thoughtful collection of educational books, plush sea creatures, fun toys, apparel for the entire family, art glass pieces, jewelry, home décor, souvenirs and more.
Seattle Aquarium exhibits and restrooms are wheelchair accessible. If you need a wheelchair you can check one out, free of charge, from the Guest Services desk (available on a first come, first serve basis).
We’ve created a one-way path so guests can enjoy the entire Aquarium and all of our exhibits while wearing masks over their noses and mouths at all times and practicing physical distancing (maintaining at least six feet of space between groups).