November 18-19, 2020
Beach Naturalist program
Due to COVID-19, the beach naturalist program is currently on hold until we know when we can safely return to the beach. Follow the Aquarium’s social media and check back here soon for updated programming information. Beach dates and times will be posted as soon as possible.
Our local beaches are a local treasure and a wonderful resource for all. If you choose to explore the beach on your own, or with members of your household, help keep our beaches healthy for all by practicing these tips:
- Practice social distancing—stay safe while on the beach
- Explore gently—low tide is stressful for many creatures
- Leave things where they are—shells and rocks are homes
- Avoid stepping on eelgrass—it’s a fragile nursery
Learn about our nearshore neighbors! Check out our Puget Sound Beach Field Guide.
Ask a beach naturalist! Need help identifying something? Take a photo and email to us at email@example.com. A beach naturalist will respond to you as soon as we can.
- King County Flood Control District
- Lake Washington/Cedar/Sammamish Watershed Salmon Recovery Council
- Seattle Department of Parks and Recreation
- The Boeing Company
- The City of Burien
- The City of Des Moines
- The City of Shoreline
- Washington State Parks
- Watershed Ecosystem Forum for WRIA 9