November 18-19, 2020
Beach Naturalist program
Look for us on the beach this weekend!
Our local beaches are a local treasure and a wonderful resource for all. If you choose to explore the beach on your own or with members of your household, help keep our beaches healthy for everyone by following these tips:
- Practice social distancing: stay safe while on the beach.
- Explore gently: low tide is stressful for many creatures.
- Leave things where they are: shells and rocks are homes.
- Avoid stepping on eelgrass: it’s a fragile nursery with life literally beneath your feet.
Learn about our nearshore neighbors! Check out our Puget Sound Beach Field Guide.
Ask a beach naturalist! Need help identifying something? Take a photo and email to us at email@example.com. A beach naturalist will respond to you as soon as we can.
- King County Flood Control District
- Lake Washington/Cedar/Sammamish Watershed Salmon Recovery Council
- Seattle Department of Parks and Recreation
- The Boeing Company
- The City of Burien
- The City of Des Moines
- The City of Shoreline
- Washington State Parks
- Watershed Ecosystem Forum for WRIA 9