How to schedule your visit
Please read through the following information before you start the registration process, then fill out a registration form below. Our registration team will contact you to confirm your program and registration time.
- We encourage you to reserve your programming as soon as possible to obtain your desired date. Time slots for classes in the spring fill quickly. Please register at least two weeks in advance of your desired program date.
- Reservations are confirmed by email within two business days of registration. If you do not receive a confirmation letter, please call the registrar at (206) 693-6196.
- Cancellations must be made at least one week in advance, or are subject to a $25 fee per class.
- If you are not checked in 15 minutes before your program start time, we reserve the right to cancel your class.
- All exhibits and classrooms are wheelchair accessible.
- Does your group need accommodations or an interpreter? Please inquire with us when you register and let us know how we can help make your visit successful and fun for all.
Aquarium registration team
If you need assistance, contact the Aquarium registration team, seven days a week from 7:30am to 4pm, at (206) 693-6196 or by email at email@example.com.
Chaperones are an important part of every successful Aquarium visit. The Aquarium requires one adult for every five students (1:5) for preschool through 8th grade and one chaperone per 10 students (1:10) for grades 9–12. Chaperones must remain with students throughout the visit. Due to space and safety concerns, a maximum of 10 chaperones are permitted into the classroom programs. If your group requires additional chaperones, please inquire with the registration team. Groups without sufficient adult supervision may not be admitted.
Arriving at the Aquarium
There is a bus loading and unloading zone directly in front of the Aquarium. Please turn in at Union Street to utilize this area.
Make your way to the group entrance door, midway down the pier on the south side of the building. A group greeter will meet you there. If you don’t see a greeter, send the lead teacher to the main doors to check in at the admissions desk.
If you are planning on eating lunch at the Aquarium, please note that we do not have a dedicated indoor lunch space for groups. There are limited spaces around the exhibits where students may eat lunch indoors on the floor. If the weather is good, please plan to eat lunch outside in Waterfront Park. Inquire about lunch areas when you check in.
Speak another language?
If you speak another language and your group consists of six or more people, we may be able to provide an interpreter for your visit to the Seattle Aquarium. Please call (206) 693-6196 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with a minimum of two weeks’ notice to request an interpreter. Requests will be filled on an as-available basis.
Teacher planning pass
After you have received your field trip confirmation email, you may request a one-time teacher planning pass from our registration team. We encourage you to visit the Aquarium before your field trip to help with your planning process. The planning pass will be available to pick up at the admission gate with your school ID.
Entry times are staggered to prevent crowding during highest attendance hours from February through September. Large groups will be staggered as well. Please keep to your scheduled entry time to help alleviate overcrowding for everyone.
Aquarium memberships may not be used for school field trips. For more information, please review our FAQ section.